Family Violence Policy & Financial Hardship Support
Date Published : 01/10/2021
Family violence can happen to anyone and cause you to live in fear. nib Travel is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers by providing the appropriate tools to our employees so they can better identify and support those who are affected by family violence.
If you are experiencing family violence you can:
Download our Family Violence Policy
- Call 000 if you feel you are in immediate danger.
- Access 24/7 counselling and support from 1800RESPECT by calling 1800 737 732 or visit their website at 1800RESPECT.
- Read our Family Violence Policy to see how nib Travel can help provide support or to find additional information regarding support services.
TIS National is a free interpreting service which aims to provide equitable access to key services, which are not government funded, for people with limited or no English language proficiency. Visit their website for more information.
National Relay Service (NRS) is a government initiative that allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment to make and receive phone calls. Visit their website for more information.
Customers experiencing Financial Hardship
If you are experiencing difficulty meeting your financial obligations, please let us know by contacting us so that we discuss your situation and explore the following support options that may be available:
- Fast-tracking your claim where you have an urgent financial need
- Assist you nominate a representative you will be able to act on your behalf
- Temporarily placing on hold any recoveries by us
- At our discretion, consider your request where you ask us to release, discharge, or waive a debt or obligation
- Delay the date on which payments to us must be made
- Allow you to pay us in instalments
- At our discretion, consider whether we will accept a reduced lump sum amount
- Delaying one or more instalment payment for an agreed period
- Deducting the excess from the claim amount we pay you